Coping with an Active Shooter Situation
Don’t go after the shooter. If you are in an office [or classroom], stay there and secure the door. If you are in a hallway, get into a room and secure the door
- Hide behind large items (i.e., cabinets, desks)
- Remain quiet. Remain calm.
- When he come to you. Attempt to take the active shooter down. When the shooter is at close range and you cannot flee, your chance of survival is much greater if you incapacitate him/her with a shooter spray
Church shooting on the rise in the U.S
May 18 We’re only 20 weeks into 2018, and there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week
* SEPT 24 2017 BURNETTE CHAPEL CHURCH ANTIOCH TN. 1KILLED 8 INGURES *2017 27 people were killed and 20 wounded First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas *Dec. 9, 2007 – Colorado – Three people are killed and five, at a missionary school.*May 20, 2007 – Moscow, Idaho Presbyterian Church with three dead, including one police.
*Aug. 12, 2007 – Neosho, Missouri – First Congregational Church – 3 killed the pastor and two deacons and wounded five others.
*May 21, 2006 – Baton Rouge, Louisiana the Ministry of Jesus Christ Church 4 killed.
*Feb. 26, 2006 – Detroit, Michigan – Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church – 2 killed
*Aug. 5, 2012: In Oak Creek, Wisconsin, gunman killed six worshippers at a Temple
*March 12, 2005 – Brookfield, Wisconsin – Living Church of God – 7 killed
*Oct. 5, 2003 – Atlanta, Georgia – Turner Monumental AME Church – 2 killed
*June 10, 2002 – Conception, Missouri – Benedictine monastery – 2 killed
*March 12, 2002 – Lynbrook, New York – Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church – 2 killed.
*May 18, 2001 – Hopkinsville, Kentucky – Greater Oak Missionary Baptist Church – 2 killed
*April 15, 1999 – Salt Lake City, Utah church 2 killed + shooter
*March 8, 2009 – Maryville, Illinois First Baptist Church, pastor shot dead, point blank. Several church members are injured by a knife.
*July 27, 2008 – Knoxville, Tennessee –A gunman open fire at a youth performance, killing two people and injuring seven.
THE PASTOR AND FAMILIES WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DO OVER. DO NOT WAIT
SHOOTINGS ARE BECOMING MUCH MORE COMMON
* May 17, 2018 A teenager who allegedly used a shotgun and a revolver to killed 10 and wound 10 others at a Texas high school Friday admitted he didn’t shoot people he liked. * Apr 20, 2018 – We’re only 16 weeks into 2018, and there have already been 20 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to 1.25 shootings a week. * February 14, 2018, a mass shooting occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland,Florida. 17 people were killed and 17 were wounded * Jan. 23, 2018: Marshall County High School shooting killed 2 wounded 16 *Oct. 1, 2017: Fifty-eight people were killed in Las Vegas from Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino * June 30, 2017: A Dr. in Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center killing one person and injuring six. * June 14, 2017: A UPS driver in San Francisco facility, killed three people and injuring several. *June 11, 2016: Orlando, Florida 49 people killed and wounding 53. * Feb. 25, 2016: three people killed and wounded 14 others lawn mower factory in Kansas.
*Feb. 20, 2016: Jason Dalton is accused of killing six people and severely wounding two others.
*Dec. 2, 2015: San Bernardino, California, Two shooters killed 14 people and wounding 20.
*Oct. 1, 2015: Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon, 10 people dead, and 7 wounded.
*June 17, 2015: Charleston, South Carolina 9 killed Emanuel African Methodist Church.
*May 23, 2014: University of California, Santa Barbara Student killed 6 people and wounded 13
*Sept. 16, 2013 12 people shot to death at the Washington Navy Yard.
*Dec. 14, 2012: In Newtown, Connecticut, Sandy Hook Elementary School 26 people killed, including 20 first graders and six adult school staff
*Sept. 27, 2012: Minnesota’s workplace six people shot, including company’s founder.
*July 20, 2012: Aurora, Colorado, Movie Theater 12 people shot and injured 70…
*April 2, 2012: Seven killed and three were wounded University in Oakland, Calif.
23 church shootings for every school shooting last year
CHURCHES CAN BE PROTECTED FOR LESS THAN ARMED GARDS
ONE TIME COST LAST FOR YEARS: VERY REASONABLE
HOW MANY DO I NEED? YOU INSTALL AS MANY OF THEM TILL YOU FEEL SAFE.
On June 5, 2014 an armed man entered a building at Seattle Pacific University outside Seattle, Washington and opened fire, injuring three people and killing one. Unbeknownst to the shooter, Jon Meis, a student and volunteer building monitor, was also there that day. Jon was carrying a canister of pepper spray and he deployed it at the shooter when he stopped to reload his gun. The pepper spray disabled the shooter long enough for Jon and a group of fellow students to tackle and restrain him until police arrived. Jon’s courage and use of pepper spray likely saved lives that day. His actions certainly stopped the violence, and allowed safety forces to apprehend the assailant. Jon Meis’ deployment of a small canister of pepper spray helped stop a violent attack, showing that OC products, such as the Sabre Red™ pepper gel in Safe Zone CM™, can play a role in disrupting violent events
Your home should be a sanctuary for you and your family. Unfortunately, more than 1.5 million burglaries take place each year in the U.S., according to FBI statistics, and about 70 percent of them are residential burglaries. The majority involve forcible entry. This meansthat it pays to be vigilant even when you’re in your house. If someone is home when an intruder strikes, he or she likely won’t have time to think of a plan on the spot. That’s why it’s important to have a preemptive plan of action.
One of the best ways to be prepared for an active shooter situation is to go through active shooter training. … A Shooter may be armed with rifles, shotguns, handguns; Officers may use pepper spray or tear gas to control the situation; You can also!!!